Music Heals The Soul...Even During a Pandemic
Music has the ability to open our hearts, make us remember times in our lives, and truly heal us. Many people use music as a way of expressing themselves. It’s a form of art that anyone can take part in.
Here are the ways that music can bring healing into your life:
1. Human Connection
One of the ways it helps to heal is by bringing connection to other people. Not only do we feel connected to the musicians that are playing the songs, we also feel connected to other people that listen with us. If you’ve ever been to a concert or in a group of people that are singing together, you’ll know how deeply connected you can be when listening to music.
2. Fosters Emotional Balance
Listening to music can help you release the negative emotions that you are holding onto. It creates positive emotions and overall uplifts your spirit. Music therapy has been successfully used to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
3. Personal Expression
The songs you identify with most are often the ones that allow you to express yourself. Songs that you truly connect with seem to speak the words your heart feels. Depending on the season of life you are going through or situations will determine the songs that you gravitate towards. Many people have music they listen to in order to get motivated, work through anger, or express sadness.
I’d love to share with you my personal Spotify list. It’s a collection of fun and upbeat songs that will lift your spirits. You can check out the playlist here.
1. Follow Me by Aly-Us
2. Fantasy by Mariah and Old Dirty Bastard
3. Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5
4. Since You’ve Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
5. I Like Dem Girls by Lil Jon
6. Burn Rubber on Me by Gap Band
7. Cool by Anthony Hamilton
8. Bad Mama Jamma by Carl Carlton
9. Brick House by The Commodores
10. PYT by Michael Jackson
11. You Got That Look by Prince
12. Lottery by K Camp
13. Baby Baby by Kilo Ali
14. The Most Beautiful Girl by Raheem The Dream
15. Love Man by Otis Redding
16. Shake Dat Monkey by Lil Jon and 2 Short
17. Poison by Bell Biv Devoe
18. Happy People by R Kelly
19. Glamorous Life by Sheila E
20. Dunn Dunn by Shawty Lo
21. Feels Good by Tony Toni Tone
22. Party All The Time by Eddie Murphy
23. Rolling in The Deep by Adele
24. Scarred by Luke
25. Just Fine by Mary J Blige